Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts; sole winner to get $758.7M jackpot|
Summary with new information since yesterday, from articles in English
Wanczyk, the Massachusetts woman who won the second-largest prize in Powerball history, quickly quit her job at a medical center after learning she won the $758.7 million prize Wednesday night .
O'Leary said a common mistake by people who receive financial windfalls whether from the lottery or, more commonly, an inheritance or bonus at work is that they spend on "frivolous" things .
" They 're not experienced in how to manage that kind of capital, and that's because they tend to invest immediately in things that are frivolous .
Wanczyk also made a smart decision, according to O'Leary , in choosing to get a lump sum payment of her $758.7 million Powerball win .
Experts also advise hiring a lawyer and an accountant or financial adviser who can be a point of contact for family, friends and acquaintances who may ask for money .
An entrepreneur who created the "As Seen on TV" nameplate, Harrington is on the board of LottoG, a website where people can order custom lottery tickets instead of purchasing them from a store . (article 7)
Lottery winners receive a lot of attention, but Harrington said it's best to lay low and start crafting a plan for what to do with the money 2 . (article 7)
Other summaries about this story:
Wanczyk, Lottery, Powerball, jackpot, ticket|
- Powerball ticket sold in Massachusetts; sole winner to get $758.7M jackpot (FOX News, 08/24/2017, 648 words)
- Woman wins $759 million Powerball jackpot, quits job (Reuters, 08/24/2017, 382 words)
- Winner of $758.7M Powerball is hospital worker, mother of 2 (abcnews.go.com, 08/24/2017, 413 words)
- $758.7M Powerball winner speaks out, calls jackpot 'a pipe dream' (abcnews.go.com, 08/24/2017, 557 words)
- The Boston Globe (bostonglobe.com, 08/24/2017, 336 words)
- ‘Shark Tank’ star’s tips for handling a financial windfall (abcnews.go.com, 08/25/2017, 445 words)
- Former ‘Shark Tank’ judge offers advice to Chicopee lottery winner (bostonglobe.com, 08/25/2017, 486 words)
Powered by ShadowTV